AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
This page is dedicated to honoring the efforts of those who do their best and stand out in the crowd. Excellence is tradition at Oakwood; we thank and we recognize those who keep that tradition strong.
University Interscholastic League
- Oakwood Elementary and Oakwood Junior High won the 2017 UIL academic district meet.
- Oakwood High School won 2nd place in the 2017 UIL academic district meet.
- The Oakwood High School Cross-X Debate team won first place in the 2017 district meet and advanced to the state competition at UT Austin.
- The Oakwood High School One Act Play group was one of the advancing plays in the 2017 district competition and competed at the bi-district OAP competition.
Honor graduates are the top three students of the graduating senior class. The 2019 graduates who filled the honors were:
- 2019 Valedictorian - Christopher Dorsey
- 2019 Salutatorian - Melaine Barnett
- 2019 Historian - Janet Velasquez
After each six-week grading period is completed, our district presents awards to all students who have maintained an "all-A” average or an “A/B” average for the six-week period. Take a look discover the students who achieved the honor in the most recent grading period.
We present the perfect attendance award at the end of the school year to those students who had no or only school-related absences throughout the entire school year.