The district makes school bus transportation available, at no cost, to all students living two or more miles from school. With this privilege come certain obligations, and we thank our amazing students and families for being respectful of the rules and responsibilities associated with such a privilege.
Please Follow the Rules
Our students assist district staff in ensuring that our buses remain in good condition and that transportation is provided safely. When riding in district vehicles, we hold students to behavioral standards established by our school board. Students must obey the following rules:
- Follow the driver’s directions at all times.
- Enter and leave the bus or van in an orderly manner at the designated stop.
- Keep feet, books, instrument cases, and other objects out of the aisle.
- Do not deface the bus, van, or its equipment.
- Do not put head, hands, arms, or legs out of the window, hold any object out of the window, or throw objects within or out of the bus or van.
- Students may not possess or use any form of tobacco on school buses.
- Observe all usual classroom rules.
- Remain seated while the vehicle is moving.
- Fasten seat belts, if available.
- Wait for the driver’s signal upon leaving the bus or van and before crossing in front of the vehicle.
Our district will punish any student misconduct in accordance with the Student Code of Conduct (found in the Quick Links area of the Home page), which may include suspending a student’s bus-riding privileges.
School Sponsored Trips
We require all students who participate in school-sponsored trips to use transportation provided by the school to and from the event. The administration, however, may make an exception if the parent makes a written request that we release the student to the parent or to another adult that the parent has designated.
For any questions, please contact the appropriate person below:
Maintenance and Transportation Director