Graduating Seniors 2020
Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT) is a one-time food benefit for families who lost access to free or reduced-price meals due to school closures. Eligible P-EBT...
The Texas Education Agency and the Governor's office recently released guidance regarding graduation ceremonies for Texas schools. Several of these new requirements have...
The Oakwood ISD Board of Trustees unanimously approved a new, modified 4-day school calendar for the 2020-2021 school year. After reviewing the results from a community...
Healthy Summer Meals for Kids-
Oakwood ISD will continue to serve meals to the children in the area for the months of June and July.
If you would like more information on how to receive a meal, please contact the school. If you no longer need meals delivered during the summer, please let us know ASAP.
Dear Parent or Guardian,
Your household may be eligible to receive Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT) benefits to buy food. P-EBT is for children 5-18 years old who received SNAP food benefits for the month of March 2020 and children up to 21 years old who are certified for free or reduced-price meals at school in Texas during the 2019-20 school year. Children that attend a school that offers free meals to all students (Community Eligibility Provision or Provision 2) are also eligible.
The online application for P-EBT is now open.
Please review the criteria to see if you need to apply to receive these benefits. The application link is provided below.
Do I need to apply for P-EBT?
Families that DID NOT get SNAP benefits for the month of March 2020
• Yes, you will need to apply.
• Fill out an application here: yourtexasbenefits.com/Learn/PEBT
• The application is open until June 30, 2020.
• If you do not currently get SNAP benefits and your child is approved for P-EBT, you will be mailed a P-EBT card loaded with benefits.
Families that DID get SNAP benefits for the month of March 2020
• You do not need to apply for children ages 5-18. Benefits were loaded onto your existing SNAP card by May 22.
• If you have children under 5 and/or between the ages of 19 and 21, you will need to fill out an application for those children. Fill out an application here: yourtexasbenefits.com/Learn/PEBT
• If you get SNAP benefits and your child is approved for P-EBT, we will put funds on your current Lone Star Card.
P-EBT is a one-time benefit for families issued through an EBT card (like a debit card). Families receive up to $285 per eligible child. You will have one year from the date the benefits were issued to use your P-EBT benefits. P-EBT benefits are non-transferrable.
If you need help filling out the P-EBT application, please contact is 833-613-6220. For more information, please visit hhs.texas.gov/PEBT or call is 833-613-6220.
Seniors & senior guests for graduation, please see the following graduation guidelines document. Due to COVID-19, each senior has a limited amount of tickets. However the ceremony will be recorded along with the slideshow & released on our social media platforms and website.view image
Final grades will be available on June 3, 2020. Report cards will be mailed out on June 5, 2020.