The Oakwood Independent School District Board of Trustees unanimously approved a $3.8 million bond referendum to be included on the May 1, 2021 ballot. The proposed bond would fund improvements identified by the School Board and District stakeholders. The recommended projects in this bond proposal would provide funding for the following facilities:
- A new 8 lane track and field
- A new football field
- New lighting for the site
- New aluminum bleachers with handicapped access.
- Fieldhouse which would include locker rooms, restrooms, concession stand, and storage.
- Site improvements and preparation with related infrastructure and drainage.
- Ag shop updates, renovations and expansion.
- Auditorium lighting renovations and updates.
- Technology infrastructure improvements throughout the District
- Reimbursement for land purchase
The structure of the Bond Proposal is expected to yield no additional taxes imposed by the District over the life of this bond, keeping the District’s I&S tax rate at $0.1844. Oakwood ISD’s tax rate remains one of the lowest in the area.
Oakwood ISD will hold three town hall meetings to discuss the 2021 Bond Proposition. We encourage all interested parties to attend and get the information you need to make an informed decision. The town hall meetings will take place at 6pm in the Oakwood High School Auditorium on the following dates:
Thursday, February 25
Thursday, March 25
Thursday, April 15
Bond informational brochures are currently being made and should be available at the first town hall meeting. Early voting will be April 19-27 on weekdays from 8am to 4pm at the Oakwood ISD Administrative building. The general election is on Saturday, May 1 from 7am to 7pm at the Oakwood cafeteria.